The season is evolving and this creates a lot of inward reflection.. the past few days, I’ve been dedicating myself to creation.. Thanks in part to Durga.. in part to Fall.. in part to the moon and stars and planets…most of it without knowing.
Been working a lot with the 2nd Chakra – The Sacral Chakra – Svadhisthana – The Sweetness – which is located on the lower belly, about an inch under the belly button. This Chakra is our source of feeling, connection, intimacy, sensuality, and pleasure. It’s from this space we connect to those in our lives in a very rich and meaningful way. By opening up this portal of my body, I’m allowing vulnerability into my life and welcoming in companions in multiple facets of my own self exploration. The fruit of this work has brought me bliss sisters, bliss brothers, co-conspirators, supportive arms and minds, and above all, connection to others that are looking for the same kind of support. Vulnerability is not easy, but the fruits of support are blissful.
When you work with this chakra, you feel yourself being drawn to certain situations, to certain people, to certain expressions. The more open this chakra becomes, the more these intimate interactions occur, the deeper your connections become, and the more intense your reaction to things that bring you pleasure. Of course, you don’t want it open all the time – this can be dangerous if it’s not protected – but it’s far more dangerous to never open it at all.
To begin opening this chakra, there are a lot of exercises and practices you can do to begin to open up to your bliss.
P.S. I am by no means an expert on the Chakras – though someday I hope to be. If you want more information on the Chakra system – head here! Or Here! OR!
Ideas I’m playing with..
There are a couple herbs that help boost sensation and get the 2nd Chakra Spinning away! Try incorporating the following into your life.
– Caraway Seeds
– Sweet Paprika
Here are just a couple activation poses for you to try to bring into your practice a this week.
Dancer’s Pose, Natarajasana
Nataraj means King of Dancers and is the dancing form of Lord Shiva. This yoga pose stretches thighs, groin, and abdoment and improves balance.
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Tadasana. Inhale and firmly root your right foot into the ground. Move your weight into the right foot.
- Exhale and lift your left heel toward your buttock as you bend your knee.
- Reach back with your left hand and grasp your left ankle or your foot.
- Raise your right arm up towards the ceiling and hold it there.
- Begin to lift your left leg upwards away from the ground and your body. Keep lifting.
- As you lift your left leg, tilt your upper body forward.
- Hold the posture and feel the energy flowing through your pelvic area.
Practicing the following poses will help to connect you to the Sacral Chakra, allowing you to tap in to your pleasure center.
Child’s Pose, Balasana (among our favorites!!)
This is the most powerful pose to become in touch with your own breathing and with the movement of the air in your abdomen. In this posture, you can let the prana of water to flow and awaken yourself to your inner life as you observe your breath.
- Kneel on your mat. Separate your legs about hip with appart and sit on your heels.
- Exhale and slowly fold the top half of your body over the lower half.
- Lenghten your tailbone as you let your forehead rest on the mat.
- Let your arms go back, so that the backs of your hands are resting on the mat. alternatively, you can stretch your arms in front of your body, palms resting on the mat.
- Once in Child’s Pose, observe your breath. Do not force it, just observe it as it fills your abdomen and your chest. Pay attention to your pelvic area. What do you feel with each inbreath? And what do you feel with each outbreath?
Twisting Triangle, Trikonasana
The twisting movement in this sacral chakra yoga pose helps to move energy in the sacral chakra area, while being firmly rooted through the feet and balanced throught the root chakra.
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Tadasana.
- Exhale and move your left leg behind you. Your feet should be about 3 ft apart.
- Your right foot is facing straight forward while your left foot is turned outside at about 45 degree angle.
- Raise your arms sideways to shoulder level. Your left arm is reaching forward and your right hand is reaching to the back. Palms are facing the floor.
- Bend at your waist and lean forward. Rotate your body toward the right leg, reaching down to the ankle or to the floor.
- Stretch your right arm straight up, so it is in line with the left arm.
- Hold the position and feel the energy flowing through your sacral chakra.
- Repeat on the other side.
Laughter. Dancing.. playing.. Bring your joy OUT!
I hope you start connecting. Opening up the Sacred Sacral Chakra and allowing yourself to be vulnerable and connected.
Get blissed out, babe.
| namaste |
Pingback: सच्चिदानन्द भगिनी : The Blissful Sisterhood | namastayla | tayla ealom yoga